These are the notes I took about animal nutrition during the class of August the 16th:
- Enzymes are all proteins.
- Enzymes are functional proteins.
- They are made with one function and is the only one they can do.
- Eg: Amylase is an enzyme that breaks down bonds in the molecules of starch. (works in the digestive system, it is found in saliva and in the pancreatic juice).
- ASE= enzyme.
- Balanced Diet: proteins, carbohydrates, lipids (fats and oils), fibre, vitamins, minerals.
- A balanced diet, gives you a lot of energy.
- Minerals are inorganic.
- Obesity = too much food.
- Obesity can produce coronary heart disease and diabetes.
- Coronary heart disease is when saturated fat (fat coming from animals) in diet results in high cholesterol levels.
- Starvation = not eating enough.
- Malnutrition = not eating a balanced diet.